National Geographic PCT: CA North Map Pack
- The Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) Map Pack Bundle, California North, includes two Topographic Map Guides that cover the PCT as it traverses the jumbled terrain of northern California from the Oregon border past the lava fields of Mount Lassen at the southern edge of the Cascade Range. The maps start at Siskiyou Summit, which defines the border between Oregon and California, it then passes through the Klamath Mountains, past the jagged peaks of Castle Crags, past the volcanic cones of Mount Shasta and Mount Lassen, and finally ends at the northern border of the Sierra Nevada at Sierra Buttes.The PCT spans 2,650 miles from the Canadian border, through Washington, Oregon, and California to the southern terminus at the Mexican border. The famous trail crosses some of the most wild and scenic landscapes of the western U.S., including six national parks, 25 national forests, 48 wilderness areas, the volcanic Cascade Range of the Pacific Northwest, the snowcapped Sierra Nevada, and the Mojave and Sonoran deserts.Each PCT Topographic Map Guide includes detailed topographic maps at a scale of almost 1 inch = 1 mile. Each page is centered on the PCT and overlaps with the adjacent pages so there is little chance of getting lost. Along the bottom of each page is a trail profile that shows the distance between camping areas, trailheads, and other points of interest. The map and trail profile provide a step-by-step visual guide to hiking the trail, mile by rugged mile. The Topographic Map Guide is built for all levels of hiking enthusiasts, from the day tripper to the multi month 'thru-hiker'. The front pages of the printed Topographic Map Guide include resupply locations, health and safety information, and much more.
- Buy the Map Pack and save over 15%!
- Pacific Crest Trail California North Map Pack includes: Map 1006 :: Pacific Crest Trail: Klamath Mountains, Map 1007 :: Pacific Crest Trail: Shasta and Lassen
- More convenient and easier to use than folded maps, but just as compact and lightweight, National Geographic's Topographic Map Guide booklets are printed on 'Backcountry Tough' waterproof, tear-resistant paper with stainless steel staples. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation. All proceeds from the purchase of a National Geographic map help support the Society’s vital exploration, conservation, scientific research, and education programs.
Country of Origin:
- United States of America
- National Geographic
- Country of Origin : United States of America
- Brand : National Geographic
- Web ID: 22ETGUPCTCNRTHMPPGEN
- SKU: 24071267